We are so excited to be able to offer The Hypnobirthing™ Australia Positive Birth Program to clients!
Classes are available to you in Sydney and on the Central Coast of NSW in a group setting, privately in your home or virtually.
What is Hypnobirthing™?
Hypnobirthing™ uses a combination of different techniques and philosophies that have existed for many years. Hypnobirthing™ utilises hypnotherapy to promote deep relaxation to release fears in the lead up to your birth and conditions your mind to release endorphins during childbirth to ultimately reduce the need for interventions.
Not all hypnobirthing™ programs are created equal, though. The Hypnobirthing™ Australia program is the most modern, comprehensive and popular hypnobirthing™ course in Australia. Ancient wisdom is combined with modern theory – giving you the advantage in your acquisition of knowledge as you prepare for your birth.
The positive birth program is designed specifically for mothers and recognises the role of birth partners as your primary support person and advocate. This course is a comprehensive pregnancy and birth education program that will provide you with the knowledge, confidence, tools and techniques you need to achieve a positive birth outcome and help you to navigate any special circumstances that may arise.
Unit 1: Creating & maintaining a positive mindset
- Introduction to the positive mindset of hypnobirthing™
- How our brain is wired to birth
The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is self-hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Our hormones are our friends
- My amazing uterus – understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- Causes of Fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- Re-programming the Subconscious
- The language for empowered birthing
- The power of affirmations
- Birthing environment
Unit 2: Our toolkit for birth
- Self-hypnosis tracks
- Birth music
- Conditioning with scent
- Hypnotic anchors and triggers
- Releasing endorphins through massage and touch
- Acupressure techniques for pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding
- Visualisations for pregnancy, labour & birthing
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation Breathing – a skill for life
- Surge Breathing – the best tool ever!
Techniques to help make your surges more comfortable
- The ‘urge’ to push/bear down – Breathing/Bearing down
Unit 3: Preparation & choices for empowered birthing
- Bonding with baby
- Choices in maternity care
- Birth Preferences – having open communication with your caregivers
- Knowledge is power – researching common interventions and procedures
- Questions to ask, to assist in making informed decisions
- Birth partner as advocate
- ‘Guess date’ – a normal range of pregnancy
- Inductions – things you’re not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Preparing the body – staying active
- Optimising baby’s position
- Breech or Posterior – options & positions
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Self-hypnosis, meditation and deep relaxation techniques & scripts
Unit 4: Birth – bringing it all together
- What to expect in the weeks and days leading up to birth
- Signs that labour is starting
- What to expect through labour (membranes releasing etc)
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Accidental home/car birth – what to do!
- Birth partner’s role
- Common procedures
- Using water during labour and birth
- Upright positioning, movement and birth positions
- Special circumstances (including caesarean birth)
- Fear release
- Cord clamping & placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding & breastfeeding time – skin to skin
- What to expect afterwards
- Self-hypnosis – Rehearsal for Birth
- A practice routine – preparation for birth!
Come and join our Hypnobirthing classes privately or as part of a class.
$750.00 ($600.00 for existing doula clients)
The complete course content is taught from the comfort of your own home, at a time and place that suits you.
$500.00 ($350.00 for existing doula clients)
The 12 hour course is taught from our beautiful, local venue over two consecutive weekends. For more details and available group class dates contact us via email, phone or check out our socials!